Friday, October 3, 2008

The End.

I'm not usually one to post much explicitly personal content, but as much as this blog reflects fragments from every part of my life I think it is fitting for me to share some of my life experiences from time to time.
I recently suffered an injury that abruptly ended my senior soccer season. With six minutes left in double overtime I suffered a broken tibia and fibula - requiring immediate surgery. It is definitely not the way i anticipated spending my senior season. But a rod, four screws, and a few weeks time has me on the mend - and thinking that this mishap could be the break that I've needed for so long. I don't know why unfortunate things happen and I won't pretend to be able to read any significant insight into my situation except to say that it has been a good change of pace for me, it has caused me to live in greater faith, and it allowed me to experience the love and care of my community. And so while there is a lot about this situation that remains frustrating, I welcome any circumstance that will affect me to live out a life of the faith I experience.

No comments: