Thursday, December 31, 2009

cheers to 2010

in 7 hours and 41 minutes the first decade of the new millennium will come to a close. i am certainly in a different place than i was 10 years ago - or even 1 year ago. my fiance dutifully reminded me that 2010 is the year of our marriage. and for all its hype, i think 2010 is going to be nothing more than a pain to remember to sign on checks.

what 2009 brought me:
1. my love and my bride, steph
2. the opportunity to coach college soccer
3. real life responsibility like i never wanted
4. the second craziest summer of my life
5. 4 different places of employment
6. a deeper care for family
7. a mild obsession with coffee
8. old friends in new places
9. the death of alexander the duck

unfortunately, for the first new years in 8 years i will not be celebrating with alex and company. cheers to you guys. maybe next year for '11. you know thats our year

No comments: